Saturday, August 05, 2006

Nan Quan Ma Ma has got a colourful palette

OK! I've got another chinese music review. I'm kinda getting the hang of this.

So, here's a quartet fronted by female vocalist Lara (who is also a composer by the way) and backed by 3 talented dudes, Devon (drummer/DJ/Rapper), Yu Hao (Pianist/Rapper), and Zhang Jie (Guitarist). Their latest masterpice, Colour Palette was launched a couple of weeks ago and from what I've listened, it's not too bad. For those who love the sounds of Jay Chou, we'll you gotta get a hold of this album. Most of the tracks you hear are somehwat sinilar to Jay's style. After all, they are buddies of him and have been definitely influenced by Jay.

Track 2 on the album sounded like a Mayday/Jay Chou number. It's got a nice rythm to it. But my guess is, the hit will be Track 5 - it's mellow, dreamy, it's pleasant and easy. Among my other favourites are Track 7 & 12. However, don't expect any 'pick-me-up' tracks. They should've at least had one. Tsk Tsk.

No comments: