Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Hammer Me Timbers!

So he did it huh? The scary kid when screaming, Marty Casey managed to gain fame even after being placed only second in the INXS search. Let's just see now if Marty can lead the Lovehammers ahead of JD Fortune and INXS. I wouldn't be surprised, hearing how Marty Casey & The Lovehammers's second album (this ain't their first people) is so juiced with energy compared to INXS's Switch (no offense guys I still like your music).

First single - Trees. Simple lyrics, grungy, great sing along. More grungy works can be heard on Straight as an Arrow. My personal favourite so far is Rain on Brain. Now this number has got that modern rock touch to it.

All in all, a good noisy album. I only wished they put in more guitar works that just pure grungy riffs. My rating's 7/10. Out now from Epic Records. For more on the band check out: http://www.lovehammers.com/

No comments: