Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Breaking the Norm of Taiwanese Music - Deep White


Alright. Here's my first ever Chinese music review. I was simply impressed when I heard a few tracks from this duo - DEEP WHITE ( 深白色 and 端妤 (主唱) ) otherwise known as Arys Chien & DY). Impressed simply because the musical arrangements were all done so nicely. And bear in mind that this is their first ever album and from the sounds of it, they planned it really well.

Moving along to what you will be listening to... I am confident to say that their self-titled album brings a fresh branding towards Taiwanese music. The track which stopped me at my tracks were the upbeat ones, namely, Nothing Wrong and That is Me - great guitars, sexy vocals, great beat. Then there are tracks that are accompanied by beautiful piano sounds like the one you'll find in I'm Cryin - I may not fully understand every chinese word there, but her sweet vocals just express it all in a way. And one more notable track is That Person (那個人).

We don't hear Arys on vocals much. Guess he's just one of those powerful but quite ones. After all, he has been writing songs for other artistes for quite some time. As for DY, I like her voice - unique & passionate. They're a perfect combo. Oh, and before I forget, this whole record was done by the both of them. Hats off to DEEP WHITE.

No comments: